Choose Eskilstuna Intermodal Terminal for your transports. We are the Stockholm/Mälardal region's largest and one of the country's leading intermodal terminals. We are completely electrified, which enables train transport with environmentally friendly electric locomotives. Our computerized gate gives the right information to the right vehicle at the right time. The terminal is used by a number of operators and has daily train commutes to ports in Gothenburg, Malmö and Trelleborg.
We have two junction-points with direct access to the railway network and close connection to the E20. From the Eskilstuna intermodal terminal, you can reach the southern, western and northern main line. This means that you always have alternative routes in case of a stoppage in rail traffic. Our four full-length tracks for transhipment provide efficient freight handling.
Our container loading provides maximum goods in a safe manner, with up to 25% more goods per container.
Convenient and economical with our services
The well thought-out design of Eskilstuna Intermodal terminal means that we offer a large number of services to make it easier and more economical for you to use the terminal for e.g.:
- Cross-docking, transhipment, hot storage, warehouse management
- Possibility for customs warehousing
- Packing of container with container charger
- "Gate in/out inspection", monitoring/shell protection, ADR-S RID-S management, EDI reporting, Web reporting
- Load securing, shunting, brake testing, function control and repair of wagons
- Depot, storage, stuff/stripping, wrapping, electrical connections
- Cleaning of container, lorry arrangement with shower and toilet
- Weighing of containers according to SOLAS/VGM
Service and repair of trailers by TrailerNord AB
Sweden's best transport solution
Eskilstuna Intermodal Terminal was named Sweden's best transport solution in 2013, thanks to our functional design that allows efficient transhipment that saves both time and money by means of:
- A fully electrified terminal that enables train travel using environmentally friendly electric locomotives.
- The terminal staff is trained in shunting, so no need for extra shunting staff,
- The handling tracks are 750 metres, so full-length trains can be reloaded without switches,
- Well-trained forklift truck drivers and modern trucks provide fast loading and unloading,
Computerized gate with communication provides the right information to the right vehicle at the right time.
Optimal export and import flows
via the Port of Gothenburg
Eskilstuna Intermodal Terminal has a cooperation agreement with the Port of Gothenburg and is part of the Railport Scandinavia concept.
Railport Scandinavia gives our customers direct access to the Port of Gothenburg and the Nordic region's largest range of sea transport lines.